GENERAL, SCHEDULING, IN-PERSON VS. VIRTUAL SESSIONS
1) Appointments are currently being offered in four formats: in person in the studio office (see below), as a walk & talk appointment outdoors in the neighborhood, by phone or via online platform (Zoom or doxy.me). Please email me for more information!
2) COVID policies will be posted on the website and clients will be asked to sign off on their agreement to these policies before attending any in-person session.
3) In-person clients will be advised that their contact information may be shared if needed for provincial health authority contact tracing in the event of an outbreak.
4) In-person clients will be screened for potential COVID exposure, by asking the following when booking:
a. Do you have any of the following symptoms: cough, fever, sore throat, heavy fatigue, digestive upset?
b. Have you been in close contact with anyone who has had symptoms or who has been diagnosed with COVID-19?
c. Have you been on an airplane or out of the health authority (off the island) in the past 14 days?
If any answer is YES then counselling will be by phone or online platform for the next 14 days.
5) In-person clients will also be asked to cancel, reschedule, or shift to a virtual appointment if they develop symptoms or have a family member who has confirmed or suspected COVID-19. Clients will be reminded of this policy when they arrive for their appointment.
6) Cancellation and rescheduling of in-person sessions will be without penalty if it is due to COVID symptoms.
IN-HOUSE PROTOCOLS (currently available – May 1, 2021)
7) In-person appointments will be scheduled and staggered to allow time to ventilate the space and minimize contact with others.
8) Clients will be asked to stay in their vehicles until just before their session to facilitate COVID safety.
9) The counsellor will open and close the door to minimize contact points. When any tools are used, they will not be shared if that is possible, and hands will be sanitized after sharing.
10) Hand sanitizer will be at the entrance and clients will be asked to sanitize hands on entry and on exit. Hand washing in the bathroom is another acceptable option.
11) Chairs will be arranged for in-person counselling with a minimum of 2m between client and counsellor.
12) Windows and doors will be opened for fresh air flow whenever possible.
13) A HEPA filter and exterior vent fan will also be used during sessions to increase ventilation.
14) When it is impossible to maintain a 2m distance between client and counsellor, ex., while doing art therapy, masks will be worn by both client and counsellor, as well as any support staff present.
15) Signage advising of COVID-19 protocols will be posted:
a. At the door re: screening and sanitizing
b. In the bathroom re: washing hands
c. At the art table re: masking when not able to maintain distance, mask protocol
16) Occupancy of the counselling room is limited to 3 (2 in one bubble plus the counsellor); in the studio to 3 individuals plus the counsellor.
17) Payment will be taken via e-transfer whenever possible.